mortar

I have access to some 300kl of mortar and I wanted to do something useful with it. I do need to lay a path in the garden and want to know if there is any way to use this mortar. Presumably it will desintegrate quickly if mixed with just water? Is there anything I can do to make it tougher, like add some sand or some additive?

How much is 300kl? I'm not familiar with this unit of measure.
Rob Graham

661.37566 lbs 5.9051398 cwt in imperial weight
Rob graham wrote:

kl could mean kilolitres. 1000 litres = 1 cubic metre therefore 300 kl = 300 cubic metres kl could be a typo for kg. One kilogram equals 2.2 pounds therefore 300 kg = 300 x 2.2 pounds = 660 pounds = 5.89 cwt. In either case it is a LOT of mortar.
--
Bruce Fletcher
btinternetDOTcomATricardian

Is it mortar or cement? Your original post (asking about adding sand) seems to imply the latter....
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]
Definitely mortar, I'm not a builder and my knowledge of these matters is almost zero. I simply have access to a lot of mortar, a mechanical cement mixer and a path that needs to be laid on top of a badly broken up concrete path. I do know that this mortar is supposed to be for use on the inside walls of houses. I would however like to mix it up and make a path with it, if thats possible.

< top posting corrected >
In that case I would try a bit and see if it goes off ok in next 24 hours. Then do the path.
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]