More advice on a gas fire

Having been dissuaded from buying a flueless gas fire by this NG, I had the Gas Safe fitter call and inspect the room. Due to the garage immediately behind the sitting room wall the fitting of a balanced flue might be difficult. He suggested a "turbo" gas fire that converts the burnt gases to water which are discharged via a small diameter pipe through the wall into the garden. Any horror stories or recommendations for this type of fire anyone? Thanks,
Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
On 03/02/2011 08:55, Peter James wrote:

You can't change carbon dioxide into water. It's against the laws of physics.
Andy

as a liquid via a small tube through the wall and fed into a limestone trap under the garden patio. I can only repeat what I was told.
Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far

and model of what he is suggesting we can work out what it really does.
Some fires will let you have a longish balanced flue (at a cost of course), a google for long flue gas fire popped up quite a few results, this was the first (no connection or recommendation) and they claim 4m is possible for their offering: http://www.drugasar.co.uk/balanced_flue_system.htm
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks
On 03/02/2011 21:35, Peter James wrote:

That sounds like the condensate from a condensing unit. It's water, but as the carbon dioxide level in the gas is pretty high it ends up as carbonic acid. The limestone would neutralise it. For a while...
You still end up with lots of warm CO2 and N2 to deal with.
Andy.