Mole (animal)

How do I get rid of a persistent mole? I've laid mole traps, but he pushes the soil up through them; I've put in mole chaseres that give out a noise, but he just digs around them. Any advice?

Mole traps can work well but you need to make sure there's no soil in the hole, otherwise the soil is bulldozed in front of the mole and sets the trap off before he gets there.
Rob Graham
Some ideas here:
http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/green_up_your_fingers/unwanted_visitors_how_to_deter_moles.htm

Thanks. I'll try these! Anything!!
There was a gardeners time on radio 2 last week where they claimed sucess in just bashing the ground with a spade a number of times over a number of days. The vibrations scare them off..

Patrick wrote:

Move. :)
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

other edible waste.
The moles will soon be displaced.
Hope this helps.

--

If you feel you can\'t go on,
Call Someone Now

You've tried this then, have you?
Rob Graham
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com says...

The only hiccup is that I am no longer comfortable to be in the garden after dark. Oh and the attic as well (at any time.)
--

If you feel you can\'t go on,
Call Someone Now

Thanks to all for some interesting approaches. Very very glad to report that the little gentleman walked into one of my two traps yesterday>. I'm now waiting for his relations to appear.