microwave oven ??

it's a Sanyo microwave / conventional and it works ok, except that it ticks, nearly all the time, sometimes very loudly as if there's some sort of mad clockwork mouse in there (this is when it's not being used)
Anyone have any idea why it should tick (and do I only have to worry if it stops)
cheers
: it's a Sanyo microwave / conventional and it works ok, except that it ticks, : nearly all the time, sometimes very loudly as if there's some sort of mad : clockwork mouse in there (this is when it's not being used) : : Anyone have any idea why it should tick (and do I only have to worry if it : stops) : : cheers :
Does this oven have a rotisserie mechanism? The type that skewers meat and turns it under the grill bar. Is it switched off?

no, no rotisserie no reason I can see for anything to tick, ever
: : > : : > : > Does this oven have a rotisserie mechanism? The type that skewers meat : > and : > turns it under the grill bar. Is it switched off? : > : > : no, no rotisserie : no reason I can see for anything to tick, ever :
Is it a digital or mechanical clock on the oven?
You're sure it is the microwave? It isn't a water leak from pipework behind the microwave? Or something blowing in the wind outside?
If it is a steady clicking and not intermittent, then it's something to do with the clock side of things, I would think. Have you tried moving the oven slightly to see if it is not something tapping on the side of it? Has it always done it since new?

no, def the m/wave, it stands on top of the fridge. It's a digital clock - the only thing I can see that ever moves is the turntable, and it's not that. I've dropped a line to Sanyo to see what they have to say. I don't think it happened when it was new, don't know when I first noticed it, but sometimes it's quite quiet and occasionally it's quite loud, which is when I noticed it

Could be some sort of clockwork mechanism for the timer maybe.

<<<snipped>>>
Is it loudest when you put your ear on the side of the casing of the microwave or the fridge?
Oxymel of Squill wrote:

It one of those little cornish fellows, the metro-gnome. Leaving a plate of parsnips out usually stops him being ticked off :-)