Mice

I need advice on how to get rid of mice in my house please.. I have seen one and have found signs of them around
Many thanks
Robbie

Get a cat?
On 19/12/2012 18:32, Woody wrote:

Post to uk.d-i-y? (done for you)
Andy
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 20:19:54 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Remove their food source, so pick up *all* spills, crumbs etc that end up on the floor. Keep worksurfaces and table tops clean. Keep foods in cupboards on walls rather than under the work top.
Getting rid of the mice you have you'll have to kill 'em. Traps are probably the best for mice, chocolate spread is a good bait, peanut butter or a raisen also work. Poison is another option but it's not a quick or pleasant death and little beggers frequently chose to die behind an imovable bit of furniture and make quite a pong for several days until the body desicates. At this time of year a sudden surge in the number of flys isn't likely.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Seconded. "Little nippers" are effective, inexpensive traps (just don't get your thumb caught when setting them!). Or a cat. Not, obviously, both.
Cheers Richard

I don't have mice often here, but when I did they (it) managed to get into wall cupboards and nibble into an unopened packet of rice. I've no idea how they managed it.
--
*Who is this General Failure chap anyway - and why is he reading my HD? *

Mice are a common problem in our barns. They do damage to animal feed and even to vehicles because they nibble wiring.
I've found two ways to keep the barns vermin free, one is to use poison bait but not the rubbish sold for home use. I use Neosorexa from the farm suppliers and it slays them within a week.
The other option which is slightly less humane is rat glue. Not many uk places sell it but it is better than traps and can trap five to ten mice per day on each trap and provides the evidence.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/
On 2012-12-20, Steve Firth wrote:

I haven't heard of that --- doesn't it mean you have to kill the rat/mouse yourself, or do you just chuck the glued service with rat in the bin?
I was just going to say be nice to a neighbours cat.
Brian
--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
Roberts wrote, on 19th Dec. 2012 00:56 UTC + 1 :

I once had just one mouse at home : a trap did it. Strangely, after I heard it close itself, the mouse was one foot apart, laying on the back. After seizing it by the tail, the next step was on the lawn behind a bush, for the cat's care. I was happy no neighbour was witness.
If you have several mice, the problem is quite different, as they reproduce very quickly, happily I do not know the problem. I know that for insects, effective solutions appeared fifteen years ago, based on pheromones and toxics, to be set by a technician. Well, some people earn their life by exterminating rats, too, so, supposing other solutions do not do it ...