MDF dust

I'm hearing that dust from any item made from MDF is hazardous, like REALLY hazardous, so I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm this and advise what precautions to take when sawing the stuff? I'm guessing that a mask is first on the list, but what about hoovering the stuff up, is it fine enough to get blasted back out of the hoover through the filters? TIA matty

Google for "MDF COSHH data" and decide for yourself. If you decide there is a hazard, there are "hoovers" available with HEPA filters. I got one from a B&Q warehouse.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK