Mask and goggles for glasses wearer

I need to do a decent size sanding job (med size hallway) and i want a decent mask of some kind to keep dust out also some kind of goggles for someone who wears glasses, I am very much a basic diy person so presume "i know nothing" and you won't go far wrong, i don't want to spend much but as ever in this world i guess you get what you pay for so will spend what i need to, to look after my lungs and eyes.

TIA

JIm

Reply to
Jim

As a glasses wearer of some fifty years, I have NEVER found a really comfortable combination of safety googles and masks.

I get around it by trying on the safety googles for size and relative comfort (although no matter what type I get, they always steam up halfway through the job).

As for masks, safety is far more important than comfort and whatever you buy, you MUST be sure that the mask is suitable to stop the size of particulate that is being produced.

Warnings over, and in your case, you should be able to use the simple paper masks that are generally stocked in the DiY superstores without any problems (with the proviso that if you start sanding artex that was produced in latter quarter of the 20th century then you should looking for a mask that will stop asbestos particles as this material contains asbestos fibres) and it is *IMPORTANT* that whatever mask you buy, as 'basic DiYer' you read and follow the mask fitting instructions implicity to ensure a tight face-to-mask seal.

Have a look at this link to the 3M website for better info than I can give here:

All the best

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Thanks for the reply Cash, shame about the googles i guess i could just sand blind and take my glasses off (dog better watch himself) as for mask my place was built around 1985 and walls and ceiling are just plasterboard, the 3M link looks cool so will read that in more detail when i have time later today so thx for the link.

Jim

Reply to
Jim