Marbling paint-effect

I have a slate fireplace (date ~1905), which was originally finished in a black marble paint effect which I would like to restore. I have looked at a few web-sites describing how to do this, but has anyone got any tips to pass on ?

Thanks for any help,

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

There is a brush you can get that does a good effect.

Otherwise it is probably better to get a pro in to do it.

Reply to
EricP