Making new screw holes for a hinge

I'm redecorating an internal door, and want to replace the brass hinges with some satin nickel finished ones. The holes in the new hinges are offset to the original holes in the door and frame; is there anything I can fill the holes with that is robust enough to allow me to then drill new holes? TIA ben

When I did something similar I just drilled out the original screwholes & then plugged the holes with dowel.
Don.
ben wrote:

I just fill the holes with match-sticks, breaking them at an angle so that the hole can be totally filled and hammering the last one or two in.
I suppose that, if you were worried, you could put some pva adhesive on them first - but I haven't found it necessary.
--
Sue

ben wrote:

Wood filler.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Drill out old holes with 6m/m drill, glue in 6m/m dowel, chisel off flush, works fine