Low voltage lighting problem

have some 12v 50w low voltage lights in the cieling and the pins on the lamps and the connectors seam to have problems, we have to twist them round and just re insert them till a good connection is made otherwise they dont light up. It seams the pins and the connector look to have arc marks on and go real dirts quickly, any known cure for this ?

Cheers

Reply to
Joker

Try putting a smear of grease on them.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Sounds like the bases need replacing. What happens is that the contact becomes poor causing them to heat up and then they lose their springiness as a result and the connection become poorer - then hotter etc etc

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

thanks, just found some replacement lamp holders on ebay, will swap them all this weekend cheers

Reply to
Joker

Well, I wouldn't personally add fuel to an ignition source, which is normally mounted in a hole in the fire barrier between floors.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I hear what you say, but I'm talking about only a smear to try to prevent oxidation.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

It might be just a smear to you...