Low voltage lighting problem

have some 12v 50w low voltage lights in the cieling and the pins on the lamps and the connectors seam to have problems, we have to twist them round and just re insert them till a good connection is made otherwise they dont light up. It seams the pins and the connector look to have arc marks on and go real dirts quickly, any known cure for this ?
Cheers
On 21/06/2010 11:32, Joker wrote:

Try putting a smear of grease on them.
Rob Graham

Well, I wouldn't personally add fuel to an ignition source, which is normally mounted in a hole in the fire barrier between floors.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 21/06/2010 19:44, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I hear what you say, but I'm talking about only a smear to try to prevent oxidation.
Rob
Rob Graham wrote:

It might be just a smear to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO9PXZcfQ4

Andy
Joker wrote:

Sounds like the bases need replacing. What happens is that the contact becomes poor causing them to heat up and then they lose their springiness as a result and the connection become poorer - then hotter etc etc
Bob

thanks, just found some replacement lamp holders on ebay, will swap them all this weekend cheers