Loud Humming Noise

Hello All
Now and then we get a loud (sometimes VERY loud) humming noise when we run the hot tap (seems to come from the loft where the tank is). We have an economy 7 immersion heater (if this is at all relevant), and no central heating, so no gas boiler or anything. Is this likely to be anything serious that we should be consulting a plumber about? any ideas as to cause welcome and any advice much appreciated - we are not well off and any financial outlay is going to hurt badly, so am sitting here with crossed fingers! TIA
Lyn

Change the washer on the supply valve in the roof tank. One particular valve can sound like a trombone when the rubber washer gets indented by the valve outlet.
DIY cost is about 1

Hi, I have the same problem, but only on my bathroom cold tap. I have no tank ,just the main from the road outside. Any idea's
Kind Regards..
Mick Leeds
Close the stop cock slightly until the humming stops.
wrote: | > | >>Hello All | >> | >>Now and then we get a loud (sometimes VERY loud) humming noise when we | >>run the hot tap (seems to come from the loft where the tank is). We have | >>an economy 7 immersion heater (if this is at all relevant), and no | >>central heating, so no gas boiler or anything. Is this likely to be | >>anything serious that we should be consulting a plumber about? any | >>ideas as to cause welcome and any advice much appreciated - we are not | >>well off and any financial outlay is going to hurt badly, so am sitting | >>here with crossed fingers! | >>TIA | >> | >>Lyn | > | > Change the washer on the supply valve in the roof tank. One particular | > valve can sound like a trombone when the rubber washer gets indented | > by the valve outlet. | > | > DIY cost is about 1 | Hi, | I have the same problem, but only on my bathroom cold tap. I have no tank | ,just the main from the road outside. | Any idea's | | Kind Regards.. | | | Mick Leeds | |