Loss of water pressure in bathroom sink

Hi, hope someone can shed some light on this.
Just fitted a new bathroom but have noticed that the water pressure from sink tap (mixer) is a lot lower than before.
I've also noticed the main tank in the loft seemed to be "knocking" when I turned on the water, which it has never done before.
I'm suspecting maybe some crap has got into the mixer tap which I'm going to check tonight.
Any ideas on what else I can try?
Thanks Kev
Knocking sounds like water hammer, suggests you have a 'slug' of air in the pipework somewhere, this 'slug' [airlock] is also reducing the flow.
Use mains water to blast the airlock.
--
regards
dave batter

Thanks
So I have to blast mains water "back" up to through the system? Is there an easy/recommended way of doing this?
Kev

I have the same problem after having new bath fitted. When the bath was out, I noticed what looked like a small rock floating at the end of the cold water pipe - maybe it was a ball of limescale. Anyway I tried to pick it out with my fingers but it ended up rolling down the pipe - you could hear it rattle as it went down. The plumber tried running water out the pipe into a bucket but it did'nt come up again. He said it would not cause any problems but now the pressure is definately lower. Anyone got ideas how to get a big lump of limescale out of a pipe?! Graham