looking for flexible sheet plastic

Hi

I've just had a new small handbasin installed in downstairs loo - corner fitting.

I'd like to build a screen in front, to hide the plumbing - and picture fixing two vertical strips of wood on either side of the basin and curving some white plastic sheeting around - fixing it to the wood strips.

Only trouble is I'm struggling to find the sheeting. I could probably use thinnish mdf, but I'd prefer the finish of plastic.

Anyone got any ideas of a suitable material and where I could get it.

Thanks

Reply to
wasted

Our local Focus stocks some plastic sheeting.

Reply to
Baz

Thanks - I've tried B&Q and homebase - I'll look up the nearest Focus

Reply to
wasted

Hello, By looking in PLASTICS in yellow pages, you should be able to find a local stockist of all manner of plastic sheet in all colours, patterns, weights and densities which would be suitable, and, at our local one, at least, they have an offcuts box and will cut it to size for you. Good luck. David

Reply to
gilli

Hi,

In case you can't get plastic.

You might be interested in a solution I had.

I wanted a curved surface - to make a bull nosed step. Bought Birch Ply - 12" radius - no problem, but get grain direction right!

Good luck.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

i last bought some opaque perspex from a proper wood merchant, not the big chain stores, but the place the carpenters go to get their stocks and tools, and anyone with any sense goes too as they are usually half the price of the big stores for better quality.

i know my local B&Q and focus and homebase only do the clear perspex, and it's damn expensive there too.

Reply to
Gazz

Try one of your local sign firms - they make shop signs out of perspex abd one of them may be your local distributror

Reply to
ajp

I think you'll struggle with Perspex as unless it's very thin (like

2mm) it may be difficult to bend to the type of rad you need. Foamex or Simona will be easier to use, and yes your sign maker will be able sell it to you. They are like a semi ridgid board possibly PVC or ABS based, whereas Perspex is cast acrylic and quite ridgid.
Reply to
AJH