Looking for a suitable dirty water pump

Is there anything around that you can set up with a hose in AND out? Similar to those pumps that you attach to an electric drill, but preferably self-contained.
Long story, but have a problematic drainage situation, tree roots have lifted large areas of (public) concrete out the back of my house and formed a kind of dam at the bottom of my garden, we've had a smallish rectangular drain hole installed connected to a soakaway (which is under the patio) but a couple of days of rain and we're back to square one. Problem is, the drain is quite small and a submersible pump won't fit in it. I need something to pump the water from my overflowing drain up a height of about 2 inches and approx 2 metres away, where it can run down into the public drain where it was supposed to go in the first place.

What about a boat pump for pumping bilges.
Hand punp such as Henderson Whale Marine Pump mounted on portable box
Colin
On 06/08/2011 11:02, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Look for a "self priming pump".
Andy