Loft Conversion by the previous bodger!

Peeps Help!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been in my current house about 2 years and many problems have cropped up in that time, mostly from the previous occupant - a bodger!
Whilst speaking to the neighbour I was horrified when I found out that he did the loft conversion by himself!!!!!
I know nothing about roofs, however my house is a 1930's 3 bed semi.
If I stripped the loft and took some pictures would someone here? or my council office be able to tell me if its done right?
Does somebody have any plans they could show me ?
Suggestions where to go from here welcome!
Cheers Simmey

What type of survey did you have when you bought the house, and what did the surveyor say about it? Did your solicitor turn up the building application?

If you are concerned about it, you should engage a structural surveyor to check it over (preferably not the one which surveyed the house when you bought it).
--
Andrew Gabriel

Ask this question in a sensible newsgroup, like uk.d-i-y
Alan

Is this not a sensible NG?
Rob Graham

Horrified why? I did mine myself