lino - vinyl floor

have been told to lay board down on top of the floor boards in the bathroom. few qs

1 does the board have to be in strips? 2 does it have to go under the skirting board? 3 previously I had carpet in the bathroom with a join (metal strip) joining it to carpet on the landing. what happens here? do I place board right up to the join / carpet? cheers Coach
Reply to
Coach

" have been told to lay board down on top of the floor boards in the bathroom. few qs 1 does the board have to be in strips?"

No it doesn't, the board is there to give you a level surface to lay the lino onto. Without the boarding the gaps between the floorboards would soon be visible as depressions on the newly laid lino.

" 2 does it have to go under the skirting board?"

If you are only laying lino up to the skirting board then the boarding only needs to go up to the skirting board, don't make the job harder if you don't have to.

" 3 previously I had carpet in the bathroom with a join (metal strip) joining it to carpet on the landing. what happens here? do I place board right up to the join / carpet?"

Personally I would lay board up to the carpet join, that way the strip you have will still be usable on this new join.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

i placed hardboard under mine to stop any imperfections showing ie nail heads ect, i took the lino right up to the carpet join and run it under a thresh-hold strip & took it right up to the edge of the skirting, i also removed the toilet as well and riffted over the lino, so the least cuts and joins i had the better.

Reply to
reg