Lining paper

I am decorating a room where there is 1 bad wall which is the wall where the chimmney is, I will be putting an embossed wallpaper on it and to help with the finish. I intend to put lining paper on first just on the 1 wall. I have never used lining paper before and not quite sure how to attach it to the wall. Do I put it on the wall Horizontally and then hang the other paper over the top as normal?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

You can do that if you wish or just hang the lining paper vertically and then paper as normal, making sure the joints in the two layers are 'staggered'.

HTH

John

Reply to
John