Limescale inside the shower head

What's the best way to remove limescale from inside of the shower head which blocks the holes?
Thanks....Eric
Eric Hall wrote:

Maybe stick it in a bucket (plastic) of citric acid overnight? Or anything that gets limescale out of a toilet bowl?
We don't have that problem on Dartmoor - especially as my water (if you pardon the expression) comes from a hole* in the garden..So I am just guessing.
-- Sue
*Well, well..

I use 8-12 mm deep ordinary malt vinegar in a plastic large coffee-jar lid. Soak perforated rose overnight, and rinse out bits later. But don't know what happens to limescale deposits accruing in 8kW shower heat exchanger, though.... this build-up must reduce its bore. Jim
ive sprayed some of that cillit bang stuff on the shower rose before, left it for a few minute then turned the shower on that seemed to clear it up pretty well and quickly

which