LED Lights - Advice/Comments Required

Does anyone have any experience with installing/using LED lights ?.

I am interested in installing some in my kitchen when I re-fit it.

In particular, I am interested in the following lights:

Any advice/comments would be most appreciated.

TIA,

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

SJP

a020f65069a+EN/products/MM40528

They're not likely to be bright enough unless you like subdued lighting.

Reply to
shaun

Worse still... they are colour changing LED lights for that disco effect. To get the various colours probably only a few LEDs in the assembly will be lit at any one time.

As with most LED lights probably unsuitable for the main lighting.

I have a few LED lights fitted around the house and the better ones have 48 LEDs (warm white) and have the an equivalent light output of a

15/25Watt filament bulb - despite claims they are suitable for room lighting and for reading.. This is more than adequate for their purpose and location - illuminating the front door/porch and a hallway.

Some of the more powerful single LEDs on sale (3W at around £8 per LED) claim a light output of around 80 lumens with a viewing angle of 120 degrees but compare this with a Philips 25W fluorescent tube giving 2300 lumens. The Micromark product that the OP is considering is very unlikely to have the higher power, and expensive, LED devices.

Reply to
Alan

Overpriced and overhyped. Unless you want micropower, fluorescent beats it in every way

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You can have recessed CFL down lights:

My local Homebase store (Huntingdon) had LED lamps in all of their display lights. I'm not sure if they do this everywhere. You can see how bright (or not) the LED lamps are.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Davis