LED Lighting Transforma

Hi,

I am going to fit some indoor under floor lighting in my house, i have fitted some 1.0mm Twin & earth and was going to connect this straight to the transforma. The set that i saw come with a trasforma that plugs into a three pin wall socket, obviously this is no good for me, my question is can I buy an add on such as;

and then use my own transforma?

I am assuming I would need a transforma for each light.

Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If you go to the instruction manual for the LED lamps, it says in capital letters and bold type:

"THESE FITTINGS MUST ONLY BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE TRANSFORMER SUPPLIED WITH THE KIT AND MUST BE CONNECTED VIA THE JUNCTION BOX."

The transformer intended for halogen lighting is unlikely to have the correct output for driving LED lights - which have very, very different characteristics.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

LED lights as shown, are bog standard 12 volt DC. It's a power supply unit needed, not just a transformer which would only supply AC. I would prefer to use the one that came with the lights mountd out of sight somewhere for easy replacement. But any 12volt DC power supply will do providing it's regulated and of sufficient power output. A 5 amp one would light up a shed load of em!

Reply to
Frosty