leaky shed

Last year I bought a B&Q small weatherboard shed and the boards are so thin that where there are knots in the wood ,daylight shows through.Im having a problem with dampness which shows on the floor and am having difficulty actually pinpointing exactly where water is getting in. I have already applied preservative on outside but am wondering if there is some sort of sealant that can be painted on top now so that I can rule out any seepage in from the wood. I have looked in DIY stores but cant find anything along that lines or any different to the preservative used. I would appreciate any suggestions.

kind of base is it on?
Steve

ground.There was a drip coming in at the window but I have stopped that.The felt roof is sound and I have sealed al the joints where the sections meet at the corners. The floor is some sort of treated chip board so wont stand a lot of water.The water is not lying in pools ,just dampness on the floor along the sides.I suspect seepage at knots or at overlaps in weather board
Can't you stand in the shed when it's raining and check? Also, flimsy old sheds tend to get a lot of condensation.
ken

Rob Graham
G.Gordon wrote:

Make sure that the bottom board actually goes past the floor to allow the water to run off. What about the doorway, does the door drop below or above floor level? If above (rare), then it's possible for rain to be blown in through the gap.
With regards to preservatives, I use Sadolin which forms a nice slippery surface for the water to run off. This is not the cheapest by far, being around 30 quid for 2.5 litres for use on planed timber. Using three coats of this, I can get at least a five year re-coat on my shiplap boarded shed with no problems at all.
Brian G
.

We had leaky old shed - I couldn't really see where water was coming from. I put a gutter up to catch roof water and applied some waxy type of preservative from a tin from B & Q. Problem solved (even 3 years later).

down on to paving slab base and possibly splashing up underneath to the floor.