Leaky radiators

I just moved into a new flat which has three leaky radiators (found out when pressurising the system). The leaks are all at or around the non-TRV end of the radiator where there are some fairly dodgy-looking angles and elbows on the 8mm pipework.
I am planning to remove the offending valves and pipework and replace with new 8mm valves and pipes, using end-feed 8mm - 8mm straight connectors to attach the new pipe to the old one. I haven't used flux and solder before but I've got a bit of spare time to practice.
Does this sound like the best way to carry on?