Lead flashing

How much approx is lead flashing for the roof? I have a conservatory roof which is leaking in in a couple of places and a roofer that came to look says that the wall that joins the roof is perished and no lead has been used to seal it properly in the first place anh he said the lead is going to cost approx 500 alone, he went on to say that lead has increased a lot in price recently and it's gone up 100 a ton this month alone. I'd hate to be ripped off.
I have done a search on google but can't find a price but I don't know what sort I should be buying either as it looks like there are different types/grades.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks.

Go to a builders merchant for advice; you will get the best advice there.

Recent invoices for 1 roll 3m x 300mm code 4. 36 38p inc vat. Two 3m rolls 300mm code 4 59.92 inc vat

"Fred" wrote:

Prices for lead flashing in various widths of 450, 300, 240 and 150mm are here: http://tinyurl.com/2yjlq3 . For a conservatory roof I would guess that you need the 240 or 150mm wide flashing. If he wants to charge 500 just for the flashing then either you have a very long conservatory or you are being ripped off. Was he wearing spurs?

3 Rolls x 3m x 390mm Code 4 @ 40.66 = 121.98+ vat 1 Roll 3m x 150mm Code 3 @ 11.90 = 11.90+ vat 1 Roll 3m x 150mm Code 4 @ 16.15 = 16.15+ vat
Thanks everyone for your input.