ldoor latch name

Hi
I am looking for the sort of internal door latch for bathroom and toilet that in an emergency can be opened from the outside of said room. sort of latch used in hospitals.
its so privacy can be maintained but access gained if required.
Mark

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 0235&ts289&idY372
If you 'google' for 'bathroom door lock' you'll find more options but some of them look rather expensive.
Cic.
Mark
You can pick up a door knob which has a small hole in the centre for release just like your pc's cd tray!! I found this as an example though it's a US company. I'am sure a good local ironmonger or hardware shop would have similar http://www.totsafe.com/proddetail.asp?prod 90
hth Steve

I have this type of door handle on all my toilet doors. They are a traditional round knobs with a small hole on the outside one, into which a slimline screwdriver is placed and you turn the slot and unlock it. My house is approx 12 years old, and have been in since new, so they are available but I don't know where from.
HTH
John

Exactly how many doors do you have on your toilat?

The word is actually spelt toilEt, and you are being silly. I have three toilEts/bathrooms, each with one of the handle described by myself in my previous posting. Now go away and do your homework before your mum tells you off!
John

AIUI, it is mandatory (at least on new-builds) for all bathroom etc doors to be unlockable from outside - so I would think any decent ironmongers or sheds should have a wide choice...
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]
B&Q do the thing you are after. We fitted one to our bathroom door. Brass fitting with a knob on the inside for locking the door but on the outside, there is a slotted head which can be turned with a coin or similar. Hope this is of help..... Eric

<snip>
as it happens off to B&Q tomorrow so will have a look.
Thanks all
Mark

'Privacy set' is a common term for this sort of door furniture, might be a bit of an Americanism but I'm pretty sure it's used over here too, certainly gets a few hits on google.
--
fred
Plusnet\'s marketing tag for Broadband Premier: "I need a feature packed service