Laying Tiles

I am just about to tile my kitchen I know you should find the centre of the room to lay the first tile .The room is approx 4mx4m and the work uniits are in a L shape in one corner of the room stopping short about 1 1/4 m from the walls .Would you just continue the line along the units to the wall then centre the room or take the lines from the corners of the walls .Hope that makes sense Cheers
"Angus Noon" wrote;

That last but one sentence has me stumped. These diy leaflets might help: <http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/stry/diy13&bklist=pcat,3,advicecentrecategory,diycategory <http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/homebase/assets/ht_lay_softfloortiles.pdf (soft tiles but the principles are the same)