* Large tiles for shower

Hello there;
I am redoing my shower, I replaced the walls with hardibacker board (vapor barrier as well) and now I'm ready to tile. I noticed that most showers use small tiles but I would like to use 40cm by 40 cm (16" x 16") tiles (Low water absorption). Is there any reason why we don't see too many large tiles in walls? is there any tip I should know before I do it? Can it be done??
Thank you in advance,
Kathy
Kathy wrote:

cutting and hence potential waste.
Good for the trade where fast tiling outweighs cost of materials but DIY can change the economic balance.
Bob
Thank you Bob for your reply.