* Large tiles for shower

Hello there;

I am redoing my shower, I replaced the walls with hardibacker board (vapor barrier as well) and now I'm ready to tile. I noticed that most showers use small tiles but I would like to use 40cm by 40 cm (16" x 16") tiles (Low water absorption). Is there any reason why we don't see too many large tiles in walls? is there any tip I should know before I do it? Can it be done??

Thank you in advance,

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy

Unless your design dimensions are very flexible, big tiles = more cutting and hence potential waste.

Good for the trade where fast tiling outweighs cost of materials but DIY can change the economic balance.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thank you Bob for your reply.