Laminate Flooring Quote

My neighbour has had a conservatory built and has decided on laminate flooring. The conservatory fitters said they would do lay it for £20 per square metre. My neighbour is to supply everything i.e. flooring, underlay (thick type for concrete floor) and beading for the edges, they'll supply the sealant for sticking the beading!!!. His conservatory is a rectangle (4m x 3m), no alcoves, no bays, no radiator pipes, nothing! Is this a reasonable price or are they taking the ... I have said tell them to "go forth and multiply" but he thinks it's a good deal. I have said I'll help him do it but not for a couple of weeks, but he wants it laid this weekend and I'm busy at my Mums. Is this a reasonable price for the labour or should he expect something lower? We live in Leeds if that helps.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Good joiners usually charge £10 per square metre but most carpet fitters and carpet shops will take anything between £6 - 10 per metre.

I rent a house out and decided to do the living / dining room with laminate floor. General George quoted £140 for 28 sq mtrs - thats a fiver per metre!!

Reply to
Plumbplanet

do what i do - buy the tools and have a go !!!

Reply to
Blueyonder