Laminate Flooring in Bathroom?

Due to conflicting opinions of plumber type people who are friends of mine, I'd appreciate a third opinion from Free.UK.DIY.Home.

Is it to be recommended that I have laminate flooring installed in my bathroom?

Same applies to wood, so it's not a matter of cost!

Thank you.

Reply to
John

My family have had both, I would avoid laminate. Wood is fine if well enough sealed, can be slippery when wet.

Reply to
Stewart

We've got laminate in our bathroom, looks great although I would agree that it can be slippery if wet. This can also be an issue with wood also, depending on the surface treatment. Simply cured by bath towels or mats. Was interesting once when the missus used a wax based floor cleaner.........

regards,

David

Reply to
David

I did a 360 loop , arse over tit and broke a toe when mr sheen happend to overspray a little.

Reply to
LESLY

I bought laminate floor to do my house. Talking to the salesman in the shop, he said the stuff they had was suitable for kitchens and bathrooms. I said I was reluctant and prefered tiles. He agreed that it was more suitable.

Reply to
a.n.other

Reply to
ANDY