Laminate FLooring and underlay

Can I use existing carpet underlay for my laminate flooring rather than buy the stuff specially made for the job ?
--
Vass

I'm about to do just that. The underlay under my existing carpet is 6mm thick.
chas

It'll be a bit springy, won't it?
Rob Graham

Dont't make the mistake I did with laminate flooring...... TonyB

what mistake ?
--
Vass

I asked my brother in law to fit it........
TonyB