Knotts in wood

A few years ago we had to have builders in to do some jobs in the house. We have now found that some of the wood they have used was not treated and that brown rings, probably from knots in the wood are showing through the paint.
Please can anyone advise a product to get without these
Many thanks
john
A few years ago we had to have builders in to do some jobs in the house. We have now found that some of the wood they have used was not treated and that brown rings, probably from knots in the wood are showing through the paint.
Please can anyone advise a product to get without these
Many thanks
john

The marks come through because whoever painted the wood didn't apply knotting to the knots before painting. It's something that's often missed out nowadays I fear.
You can apply knotting "after the event", this exact subject came up on uk.d-i-y just recently. You'll have to do it the next time you redecorate, before you re-paint sand the marks lightly to give the knotting a key and then paint some knotting over each of the marks. This should ensure that they don't reappear through the new paint.
--
Chris Green

there is a product, but i can't for the life of me think what it is? i think its called stiptick our stipteck?? its applied with a brush and covers almost every stain you can think of. then just paint over

Many thanks to this group for their help
John