Kitchen tap rotates on spline

Hi, I've bought an old house and I have a problem with the cold tap on the kitchen sink. The tap handle rotates on the spline because the part that slides onto the spline has worn. I want to replace that part but I don't know what it is called. Can anyone help?

I don't know the manufacturer of the tap but it looks very "B&Q". Is this a standard part which will fit any kitchen tap or do I really need to track down the manufacturer?

TIA, Terry

Reply to
Terrycymru

I don't know if they are still available but you used to be able to buy new sets of tap tops to modernise old taps. They were certainly in the DIY stores not long ago and may well still be.

Reply to
Keith

Thanks, Keith. I've seen these but all I really need is the bit inside that fits on the spline.

Terry

Reply to
Terrycymru

In that case, it might be worth asking in one of the plumbing DIY stores like Plumb Centre or Plumb Stop although I would imagine that you will have to buy complete taps, but you never know....

Keith

Reply to
Keith