Kitchen Hood wiring

Hello all, I need to connect a stainless steel kitchen hood / chimney up to a fused switch (spur)
I am aware of cable zones from sockets and switches. Where does a hood figure in this?
Is there a standard route for the cable to run? I was thinking about going up from the switch and then horizontally across to the appliance - but this has no obvious zone pathway!
thx

I would of course be in the zones if the cable was 15 cm between the ceiling and the wall.

I assume you are either using a worktop height fused spur or one in hidden in a wall cuboard (off the ring) to feed the hood. If so then ideally you would go up from the switch through the roof above (ie usually under the floorboards) and then vertically down to behind the chimney part of the fan. Or see the point above.
Adam

to chimney.