Kitchen flooring

What do you all think the best flooring to put down in a kitchen is. Family consists of 2 lads and a dog. At the moment we have 8"x4" tiles down.These have done us well for 15 years but time for a change. We have been looking at Karndean. Actually how good is this? Wife not too keen on laminate flooring. Other possibilities , re-tile , lino ( or similar ) Any ideas. Cheers
I can recommend Karndean. We have had our kitchen floor in for five years now and it looks as good as new.
| What do you all think the best flooring to put down in a kitchen is. | Family consists of 2 lads and a dog. | At the moment we have 8"x4" tiles down.These have done us well for 15 years | but time for a change. | We have been looking at Karndean. Actually how good is this? | Wife not too keen on laminate flooring. | Other possibilities , re-tile , lino ( or similar ) | Any ideas. Cheers | |
Have you had to do a lot of maintenance on the floor. i have seen on their website that every 6 months you have to go over it with a cleaning solution to get all the tiny scratches out. It also mentions that you put this "stuff" on it and leave it for 6 hours to go off.Have you done anything like this. If so how often and does yours as you say really looka s good as new?

No maintenance except for the very occasional mopping (water with a tiny amount of washing up liquid) and yes, it does look every bit as good as it was on the day it was laid.
| > | What do you all think the best flooring to put down in a kitchen is. | > | Family consists of 2 lads and a dog. | > | At the moment we have 8"x4" tiles down.These have done us well for 15 | > years | > | but time for a change. | > | We have been looking at Karndean. Actually how good is this? | > | Wife not too keen on laminate flooring. | > | Other possibilities , re-tile , lino ( or similar ) | > | Any ideas. Cheers | > | | > | | > | > | |
Ditto. We've had Karndean in the kitchen for 12 months now. It still looks perfect, and gets a load of abuse. I have not bothered putting the 6-month protextor down other than when the floor was first laid. I suspect it's a money-spinning trick really.