kitchen floor help

Ok i want to re-do my kitchen floor but i don't know whats under the laminate flooring - its a flat and all the other rooms have floorboards and carpet how easy would it be for a novice to lay say large tiles and how would be the best way to go about it - thanks.
Search engine - type in "laying floor tiles" would be a great place to start from !.
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.
The link below gives a guide to floor tiling.
http://www.johnson-tiles.com/page.cfm?LANGUAGE=eng&pageIDC5
x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD