Kitchen cupboard fixing

Since I removed a kitchen wall unit (in order to fit a new boiler), an adjacent wall unit has dropped slightly. I intend to jack up the unit to its original position and then re-fix with wall plugs. Would it be possible to use window frame fixings, i.e. drill new holes through the back of the unit and insert the plug, then tighten the screw, without having to remove the unit from the wall? The unit weighs 24 kilos (empty). The back is tongue & grooved larch planking and fitted with triangular metal corner plates. If this is feasible, what would be the recommended type & size of fixings? The wall behind is exterior and is plaster over a cavity wall - inner leaf is brick.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Did you not like the advice given to you in here in September?

HTH

John

Reply to
John

No - I didn't like the advice as it didn't really answer the specific questions I was asking, i.e. the use of window fixings to fix my kitchen unit. Do you really have nothing better to do than search through posts over a month old just to see if they are repeated? I think I will consult my Reader's Digest DIY book in future and stop subscribing to this newsgroup, and probably all newsgroups, as most threads just seem to degenerate into flaming and swapping insults. I rarely have received any useful advice from any of them although on occasions have given useful advice e.g. car maintenance

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Personally I think it was a fair point and well made. I didn't search any old posts, but I knew I'd seen this one before.

As to useful advice, stick with your readers digest book and maybe talk to the people down at B and Q they'll sell you anything you want.

With regards to this group, the door is solid oak and weighs over 200kg, so don't let it hit your arse as you leave.

Al

Reply to
Al

So why ask the same question to the same group? The members a month ago are (more than likely) the same members today

I didn't look for a 'repeat', I saw your (second) question and remembered a similar thread a few weeks ago, so I searched the group hoping to point you in the right direction. It was only then that I realised it was the same question by the same person

try uk.d-i-y, you'll get lots good of advice there

HTH

John

Reply to
John