Kitchen Cover Panel as Shower Board?

Hello everyone, I'm planning a shower over a bath and will need to build a small partition to enclose the pipes and mixer valve.
Has anybody tried using the high gloss cover panel that Ikea sell to do this?
I have been looking at multipanel and also tiling on top of aquapanel, but I do not want to tile onto the shower wall as I want the shower fittings to be flush with the wall.
I'm using some cover panel as a bath panel - so to use the same for shower area would tie the colour scheme in nicely :-))
thx