Kitchen cabinet coming off of wall

Kitchen cabinet was coming off of wall on one corner. So, I took it down. I see that the side panel tore off of the nails that hold the side panel to the back panel. The nails are still there. I think it might be due to the lot's of heavy stuff we put in the cabinet. I also see that the back panel tore off of the staples that fastened it to the cabinet.
How do I resolve this issue.
I thought I needed to do 3 things: 1. Hold the side panel and back panel in place and nail back again 2. Hold the back panel in place and staple abck again with a staple gun. 3. Put the cabinet back on the wall.
I called a couple of Handymen and they are saying that compressor based staple gun is not required. Is this true? If it is something that can be done with hand, i'm hoping I could do it myself. I was just concerned about renting the compressor and staple gun.

What's the back panel made of?
On 09/02/2011 19:40, bb74 wrote:

no part in the strength of the cabinet or holding it to the wall.
More info needed.

bb74 wrote:

bb74,
Any chance of uploading a few pictures of the problem to www.tinypic.com (or similar) and then post the link here so that we can see the damage?
The problem with kitchen units is that once they receive some serious damage, it can be very difficult to repair (or even suggest a repair without seeing the damage) and it's normally terminal.
Cash

the width of cupboard so it sits on this and that this takes the weight. Then the usual screws from carcase to wall
Colin