joist insulation

Hi, anyone recommend suitable sound insulation to go in Ist floor 6inch joist void - kitchen below, w/proof plasterboard onto bottom of joists and w/resist chipfloorboarding on top. Bathroom above so looking for something w/proof and 2inchs thick, also I heard there is a product to lay between joist top and floorboard which cuts down mechanical noise transfer. Any info would be great.
[Default] On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 04:37:16 -0700 (PDT), a certain
wrote:

http://www.acoustic.co.uk/H&H/overlay.htm http://guide.rockwool.co.uk/media/49452/flexi_dwg-004.pdf
--
Hugo Nebula

Rockwool Flexi is often used in the void 100mm is effective, the overlay will dampen footfall slightly, the Rockwool will tackle the airborne sound
http://www.justaskdino.com/results/333/Insulation have articles on loft, wall, floor, sound insulation check it out
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/diy/joist-insulation-22830-.htm bobarchitect39 wrote: Don't know of any specific products to match your needs, but I can bet you'll find what you need with a little hunting. A good resource is the Sweets Network, they have just about every type of insulation in their database with product information, etc. http://products.construction.com/ rog wrote:

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/diy/joist-insulation-22830-.htm bobarchitect39 wrote: Don't know of any specific products to match your needs, but I can bet you'll find what you need with a little hunting. A good resource is the Sweets Network, they have just about every type of insulation in their database with product information, etc. http://products.construction.com/ rog wrote:

We have a floor that the building regulations required to be soundproofed. It involved special chipboard flooring with a thin layer of sponge on the underneath to reduce echoes, a strip of some sort of bubble wrap roung the edges going up behind the skirting, a special type of acoustic rockwool between the rafters and two layers of acoustic plasterboard on the ceiling below. It works very well, you can't hear the TV in the room below.
Jonathan