Jaguar/Protherm Combi boiler woes

worm manufactured boilers but badged either Jaguar or Protherm so they can sell them as a own brand. All technical help registration etc goes to the Glow worm HQ in Belper Derbyshire. ( same firm) The quote of 105 an hour plus the part prompted me into a diagnostic mode.

I recon that a suitable disc cut from rubber (old innertube) and inserted on top of the existing diaphram with a bead of clear silicon around the edge covering the split will result in a repair that will be better than the original article and more than likely outlast the boiler. What ever you do, dont do what i did and drain the central heating circuit thinking the boiler was now empty, and then remove the small clip securing the mini bore pipe to the diaphram unit! Its under mains pressure. When the jet of water hits the wall behind you the stop tap will feel like it a million miles away even if its under the boiler. Let me know if this helped you avoid a hefty bill.