Is this normal or a problem?

I have a house that I rent out and I am in the process of getting it ready for the next tenant. Whilst decorating I have had the CH on. Today I noticed above the flue on the outside wall there was a tall triangle shaped area of water beads, similar to what you would see on a newly polished car. I am presuming this is the warm air from the boiler condensing on the cold wall. I have never noticed this on my own house but that maybe because the houses are different builds. My rented house is a early 1900 terraced house built of traditional smooth faced red bricks, where as my house is a modern build rough faced design. Is this normal or is the boiler trying to tell me something? I have had the Landlords Safety Check done within the last 3 weeks and they gave it the all clear. If I had noticed it before then I would have asked the gas engineer but unfortunately I only noticed it today.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

I would think you are right. Under certain weather conditions I guess it will happen. It's no problem, bricks are fairly water resistant, at least ours are - it rains for days non-stop here sometimes!

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB