Is there such a plumbing fitting?

Solder and compression Tee fittings are obviously available. I was wondering if a there is a fitting which allows connections in the x,y and z axes. It would be a right angle connector with a further connection at right angles to the plane of the connector.

Only one I ever saw had been made as an exercise by an old plumber. The guy had a fetish about neat pipework. He even used mandrels to enlarge the ends of pipes to make end-feed joints in the actual pipe as he didn't like the standard fittings.
If an xyz fitting was available it would be prohibitively expensive, like those little bridges you can get to hop one pipe over another crossing at 90 degrees.
I did have a use for such a fitting installing my CH last year. Two of them in fact. :((
EricP wrote:

Thanks Eric, I am glad that I am not the only potential user. I had to use a Tee and a right angle bend instead. PJ

Oh yes. Mine looks a right mess. Two vertical 15mm pipes each with two horizontals at 90 degrees off them next door to each other. (Flow and return for two rads)

Not all that expensive, I found this non compression 15mm one on the following site at 18.87 each ;-) http://www.ashfordheating.com/images/uploaded/yorkshire_fittings.pdf
Harry Stottle wrote:

Thanks Harry and Fumancho for your knowledge and help. I had searched the Screwfix site and looked in the DIY sheds without success. PJ

Thanks Harry and Fumancho for your knowledge and help. I had searched the Screwfix site and looked in the DIY sheds without success. PJ
If you're into soldering I would have thought you could make one.
Rob Graham
robgraham wrote:

Brazing would be a lot better. Make a cardboard tube by rolling paper on a section of copper tubing. Place that at right angles on a standard elbow joint. Trim the cardboard to produce a snug fit. Put the cardboard tube back on the copper tube and transfer the profile. Cut and file to length and profile. Expand out the "other end", ready to form a future joint. Drill a hole in the elbow joint. Clean, degrease, assemble, braze. remove any traces of flux..
-- Sue

I fully agree. I suppose I expected those with equipment to braze with a rarity.
I wonder whether those who might like to try brazing know that Rothenburger make a handy torch for les than 30 (I think) which, if used with MAPP gas @ about 12 a cylinder will braze most small objects. (no, I'm not spamming).
Rob
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:18:57 +0100, "Harry Stottle"

A cigar to that man for finding one. :))
But at that price I will have to put up with the twisted abortion now in place. :))

They're known as corner tees.
http://www.ibpconex.co.uk/viewProduct.php?id 1

But do you want to pay the price?????????????

What's wrong with 3 each - except that they come in packs of ten!
Peter

It looks to me more like 300 per pack of ten.
PJ wrote:

Yorkshire Fittings do one, see here...
http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/prod/taps_mixers.aspx?ID 1254&FolderID#7&button=General%20Information
I think Conex also do one.