Interupted Electric Supply

We have been getting some terrible interuptions to our electric supply. Keeps going on and off quite a few times. Not just our house but the whole street. Seems like there is a bad fault somewhere in the village.
I fear that it has messed up one of our computers and I seem to remember from some bill that householders can claim for rebate if supplies are interupted for certain lengths of time is this true? I have looked at the Powergen website but dont see anything about claims...Then again I dont suppose they would let you know all that easily. I am just to the north of Peterborough UK and we use Powergen.
Any Ideas please. LJ.
The power supplier is responsible for a certain amount of compensation if your supply is off for a period greater than 24 hours. I'm not sure how you would go about claiming for this though. I'm also not sure on power gen but this link shows the npower statement of guaranteed service.
http://www.npower.com/yourbiz/usefulinfo/supplyinformation/standardsofservice/standardsofservice.pdf
Regards G.

My mistake Powergen do have a statement of service. http://www.powergen.co.uk/Pub/Com/A/Doc/PDF/GuaranteesOfService.pdf
Regards G