insulation

Having recently spent a small fortune keeping up with building regs on insulating a house recently built, somebody commented on the fact that if you have ever had a cup of boiling hot tea in a styrofoam cup, which is at the most about 1/8th" thick, you cant feel hardly any heat at all in your hands. So why dont we just use styrofoam cups to insulate our houses? Just a thought. Cheers Stuart

don't they burn easily though ?

You would need a big cup to fit over the house.
Adam
PS I thought lots of cavity walls were filled with such stuff. The outer walls were drilled and the stuff pumped into the cavity in a liquid form which expanded and solidified to fill the gaps.

stuff, I don't know what the name of the product is. Trouble is, it has to be sprayed on hot with special equipment.
Steve