Insulating Wooden Floor

I have wooden floor in my lounge and dining room, I intend to sand and re-varnish the floor (oak)and do away with carpets. It's in good condition having been well protected by carpet.

With the recent rise in fuel bills I know I need to insulating underneath. It's a 30's semi & I know there is a 2.5-3' crawl space beneath and I'm OK with cutting a hole to get access and creating a hatch. Whilst I'm down there I need to do some repair work as the floor has become a bit bouncy in a couple of places. I'm assuming some packing between the brick supports and one or two of the joists has slipped rather than something more serious.

I was looking at something light and easy to handle such as;

. Looking at the dimensions (1050mm wide) this would have to be slung under the joist and tacked into place leaving a gap of 6' between the floor and insulation.

Am I right and will this be effective? Does anyone have any better ideas/products?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

reply/ MIKE The insulation can be held in place by nets,Sometimes a little awkward but worthwhile as it saves the need to nail the Dry Therm Walls/Floors direct to the joist,Explanation isn't needed as you will see the way it goes.Pack well in between and let the netting do the rest. Just a word to the wise *pick a cold day to do the job* and don't wrap clothes too tight as it will get through anyway,i aint that bad the itchycoo i mean a shower after removes most. The packing slate is best it's up to you. An acess port is a good idea,about 2ft square.

Reply to
*GED*