Installing WC on tiles

I am installing underfloor heating in my bathroom, on top of a new, 10mm thick thermal underlay.
I am going to instal a back to wall WC pan on a square sheet of 12mm external grade plywood to bring it more or less level with the area containing the heating elements, and then tile the entire room, cutting the tiles to fit round the WC.
I would be very grateful for advice on whether it would be better to tile all the floor and then fit the pan on top of the tiles.
Should the plywood be sealed, and if so, with what? A PVA solution?
Cheers
Jim

Tile under if you can - in the long run will save hassle if you change the pan in several years time which is a different shape to the one you fit now. Probably only an issue for you if you intend staying where you are for another 15/20 years (life expectancy of a bathroom??).
Use marine ply. PVA solution is fine. Or if you've got the money, use aquapanel. There is also WBP (water/boil proof) Ply. The latter still needs sealing with a PVA solution, but will help the tiles stick. Use waterproof grout.
news.ntlworld.com wrote:

Thanks very much. Very helpful !!!
Jim