Insect infestation ....not sure if its a wood eater??

Okay , basically i've noticed a odd bug around 20 times in the past month...which in my mind seems a bit odd , but i'm unsure if its the type that might be eating away at my house , i've taken a picture (
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4388/buglu3.jpg) its best described as beetle / ladybird type thing it does appear to have wings , brown with light and dark patches, but i've never seen it fly...i've had a look on a some uk local council websites regarding common infestations and also on a few other websites that deal with common building/wood eaters in general , which has drawn a blank.....but if you'll excuse the punn , that is starting to bug me , as i don't like the idea of a infestation and i dislike the idea even more of a wood eating infestation....does anyone recognize or reccomend another forum / website to post to , to help me figure out what this little critter is ?????

Carpet beetle
http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/domest.htm

Wow Thank you :) just to confirm your right i looked up on google images and found this picture , which is incredibly similar to my own picture....Now to get rid of the buggers....
http://www.ento.csiro.au/aicn/images/cain1279.jpg
How did you get on with treating for these carpet beetles? Did you find a "source" or just random ones around the house? I've seen some of these in my house, but according to an entemologist I spoke to there's not a house in the world that does not contain some of these insects to some degree. Apparently if you see more than 5 at any given time this is an indication of something more serious but the odd one or two, particularly in the Spring, is completely normal! I'd still check woolens and anything derived from animals. If you're seeing them in a particular room as well this is a good place to check. Sometime's they can just live on old hair/dust around skirting boards though, rather than a particular "source".
     snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

I've got a couple of carnivorous plants, and I feed the carpet beetles to those. They're quite interesting on the Sundew, where they walk around eating the sugar droplets, until they eventually get stuck, and then the sundew eats them. On the pitcher plant, they like the narcotic-laced nectar, and promptly fall inside to be digested.
--
Andrew Gabriel