In Memory plaque

Im going to place one of these on a grave.The plaque is granite on a concrete base.I intend removing piece of the turf to lay the base in and it is my intention to set the base in sand to make it easy to get level.My question is,should I mix some cement in the sand? I think I have seen men laying slabs doing this.I would appreciate any help.
Tab
"Tab" wrote:

Paving slabs are often laid on wet mortar mix (sand & cement) so that the slabs can be bashed level and stay level. Sand will be washed away by rain water, you will get a more stable result if you use wet mortar mix. You need not mix sand and cement yourself, you can get a small bag of dry mortar ready mix from a DIY shed. However, it depends on whether the soil is firm; if you use mortar mix on top of soft soil then your plaque may still not be stable. If you haven't done so already, you should check with the cemetery staff that your plaque is permitted by their regulations.

Thanks DIY ,you have given me plenty to think about.
Tab