Imperial Myson radiator

Hi All,

Due to a nasty hole and a now wet carpet I find myself in need of a myson premier roll top radiator (or similar style)- imperial size. 27*45 or 1149mm

  • 690mm as it is now. Wickes et al , seem to stock up to 600mm but no taller and Im not having much luck locally. Ideally I didnt want to take the carpet / floor up to move pipes and the rad tails.

Has anyone dealt with

? they seem to be one of the few carrying the radiator at a sensible (sub £100) price, or any pointers to a supplier (ideally online) that wont laugh at me for wanting 1 rad.?

TIA Lard.

Reply to
Lardman

You can buy adaptors to make the gaps up from the valves to the rads when you change radiator sizes. A bit of a bodge I know, but if you do not want to lift the boards it is an option.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hi Adam,

I've seen the adjustable tails - and they seem to be 2" max - and the next reasonably priced (so im guessing standard) metric size dowm seems to be

1000mm. I bumped into a BTU calculator on someones site and apparently the rad is giving out over twice the BTUs required to heat the room anyway as its only a small box room.

Im tempted to replace it with a smaller 800x600mm unit ~2500 BTUs and solder a 90 elbow on for now - Its the last original rad left - British Gas kindly replaced the rest with over sized metric ones and bent the pipes into odd shapes to get them to fit.

Lard

Reply to
Lardman