Immersion heater element length

My guess would be 11" as your cylinder is only 36" high. If your element (like mine) is screwed onto the top (curved) surface I would imagine a 27 " long one would foul against the opposite side of the cylinder when fully inserted. My cylinder is approx 4 foot tall and that definately has a 27" element Is it possible for you to get a fairly accurate measurement following the line of insertion, if you see what I mean.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Because I have a bath full of water always available - and it costs almost nothing to _keep_ it hot. (heating a new tankful is another matter)

No electric system will give you a bath full at 5 minutes notice.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

[...]

Why keep a tank constantly full of hot water at todays elec prices?

Most cylinders are heated by a regular or system boiler and so heated at gas prices and not at electric prices.

If the regular/system boiler fails (far less to go wrong than a combi) then you have an immersion as a backup.

The hot water for a house is best delivered by what is wanted or needed.

A single person or a couple living in a flat or small house may be OK with a combi. A family of 4 in a 4 bed house with ensuites csnnot use a combi and say that their HW experience is good.

There are pros and cons to all setups.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
Burbeck

Dickheads all of you lmafao !!!

Reply to
steve.truscott

And although it's unlikely that they will refuse, there's no law that says they have to take it back. Only if it's a distance sale (mail order or internet).

Reply to
cryptogram