ikea chipboard furniture

I got some ikea stuff for my bedroom and it looks fine and seems solid enough but because it's made of chipboard and the back edges are not veneered, it tends to make the room smell of wood dust. Any tips for sealing the edges to stop the smell?

Reply to
neutron

You can get pre mad edge banding, which can be stuck on with glue and clamps the old way, or you can get iron on edge banding if you look around.

I think it is part of the Conti Board range, and I believe you can get it from the likes of B&Q.

BUT ! I don't think this will stop the smell. The smell is more likely the glue in the chipboard, and will disappear later or sooner. You might like to get an air purifier, or some suitable masking smell like flowers, or fry some onions!

John

Reply to
John